Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday

Handmade Mistletoe

Mistletoe has been a required decoration since the little people have been old enough to get the concept of kissing under it! Each year we scramble to the places we know to find it and we are always put off for a week or so because the orders have not yet come in. In reality, the mistletoe we buy isn't very big or even very pretty as it is heavily preserved. So when I saw the pattern for Magical Mistletoe, here, I was thrilled! I worked with Aunt Betty and we made 7 sets. We used wool felt on one side and fabric on the other and used a much lighter fusible stabilizer than recommended. I also opted to use beads rather than the felt balls because of the large number needed for the 7 sets. I have just 2 sets left to bead for each of the kids rooms. I think these are lovely little holiday keepsakes!

Happy Hobbies!

No comments: