Monday, June 30, 2008
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
(this is my work)
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Oh the joy I feel digging in the dirt and making things pretty outside!
The thyme and oregano have exploded!
Above are cherry tomatoes and 3 varieties of basil!
We planted lettuce seeds in the galvanized container to the right and the three little white pots have cucumber plants. I'm going the trellis route on those. Today we added impatiens to the last empty pot.
Here is the blueberry bush that HobbyHubby planted in early spring. It has only 5 blueberries!
And at last, we have two of my favorite little people making mud pies along with a variety of other dirty treats!!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Let me see... 6 unspectacular things about me....
- I love to bake cookies.
- I'm currently listening to WICKED, the Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West on my IPod- I'm about 10 hours into it and I love it.
- My husband and I were married on New Year's Eve in 1993.
- I lived in North Carolina for 6 years and Illinois for 2 before coming back home to Pennsylvania where I have been back for 6 years.
- I have gone the same vacation spot for 20 years (not consecutive as there was a gap of 15 years between trips 16 and 17).
- I have been told that I am an "annoyingly" happy person!
Okay so those weren't really quirks, but I tried!
If you are reading this consider yourself tagged!
Just follow the directions below.
* Link the person who tagged you
* Mention the rules in your blog
* Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours
* Tag a new set of six following bloggers by linking them.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Monday, June 9, 2008
E. & I spent several evenings on finishing some quilt squares that she started back in 2003. We made some great progress! One afternoon i gave her a little tutorial on turning headpins to make earrings.
On Wednesday morning we took all 5 little people to the New England Aquarium in Boston. Wow! What an amazing experience. My little Miss Finally Four was especially impressed as she loves all things- animal!
On Thursday E. & I had a girls night and hit the theater for Sex & the City. So fun! I didn't faithfully follow the HBO series, but have seen many reruns on cable. I thought the movie was fantastic. Quite entertaining! I feel inspired to get some style!
We returned early Friday afternoon and the little people were surprised to find a new play set installed by HobbyHubby while we were away!
To top off a really great trip away and a great surprise for the little people we had a marvelous weekend too! Saturday we all slept in (a bit) and then went to the yarn shop, the mall, the bookstore, out to lunch and then home again. HobbyHubby fixed a great dinner while the kids played on the new set and I sat out with them and knitted on a new project (I'll fill you in on that tomorrow). Sunday my parents came to visit and HobbyHubby grilled a great meal! Then we planted sunflower seeds around the play set and relaxed the rest of the day (more knitting for me). Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Summer is here and I have quite a list of things (hobby and otherwise) I want to accomplish this year. The little people and I made our rainy day list this evening too! It is going to be a great summer! I'll share it all!