Monday, October 12, 2009

Mitts...




These are the guy friendly version of the fetching gloves that I made so many pairs of last winter.
Love them... I made them for HobbyHubby.
They were supposed to be his gift for last Christmas...
Yeah, well... October... hmm... I KNOW!!!

I started these yummy mitts in May, but there were lots of issues...
  • The dog really did eat them... she split one of the double pointed needles right in half completely pulling the project off the needles. hmm... maybe I shouldn't have left the piece on the table....

  • I really did have to re-knit the first glove... eh, hmm... 4 times.... yes, too long, didn't count rows, forgot to cable, dog ate it...(oh said that already)

  • I really didn't knit for weeks and weeks... then would knit for 10 minutes and then not again... for a month.... hmmm.... What was I doing? Maybe my Hobby ADD state of mind!

The happy news is that the mitts are finished. The sad news is that the mitts are the only completed knitting project in 5 months... I think my ambition has returned... I hope!!

Happy Hobbies!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the mitts! Your friend in Northern WI would love to have a pair!
-Nicole