Friday, March 6, 2009

Road Trip: Quilt Love on the Way Home

This was a fabulous stop on our journey home.
This shop was in the process of building/expanding
and so I didn't take any pictures.
This shop was fantastic.
Imagine a quilt shop with the usual quilting fabric...
Add in a great selection of wool...
Wool on the bolt, wool kits, plaid wool...
wool love!
Then add in a great
selection of yarns and patterns.
We loved this shop and were
planning on stopping on the next trip to WV.


I purchased a little wool kit (check out the birthday kit on this page).
I bought a piece of green plaid wool to make a purse.
I found some lovely guitar fabric and some bugs
playing instruments for my little peeps.
I also found a Christmas jelly roll for the Christmas
quilt I will make at some point.



With the buggy fabric I made Little Miss
a backpack for her violin binder and lesson books.

I re-purposed some wool from a skirt for the bottom, and used some corduroy form a pair of pants for the panel with the embroidered name and for the straps.

The girlie loves it!

She tried it out today when we went to her violin lesson!

Happy Hobbies!



No comments: