Tuesday, March 10, 2009


I got the pattern for these slippers from Angry Chicken.
As with most of the clothing I attempt, I couldn't seem
to get it right on the first try, or the second try.
Third time is a charm.
I was careful to follow the pattern directions
and seam allowances, but I ended up having to adjust the pattern
more than once as I over-adjusted it at first!
My feet are really happy in these slippers!
I think I've worn them every day since and I can
see that some of my seasonal scraps are going to make
some lovely seasonal slippers.
I did make a few changes to the supplies.
I used that grippy stuff (love that really technical term) from JoAnn's on the
bottom and then added batting in between the bottom
and the lining so that I wouldn't feel the bumps from
the grippy stuff!

Oh, and I must say that I really do love the fold over elastic.

Happy Hobbies!


Ali said...

Very cute!

Amy said...

what a fun project and all for yourself too! that makes it even better!