Saturday, July 14, 2007

Back from the Barnes & Noble!

I couldn't resist! I just couldn't do it. I had to buy these happy magazines.

They were calling my name. Calling so loudly. "Buy me, buy me, buy me!" "We need to inspire you!" "You can't live without us!" I caved.

In all seriousness, there were so many magazines I could have bought tonight. Isn't walking away with only three some kind of restraint? I mean there were probably a dozen quilt magazines, another dozen knit and crochet issues, too many gardening magazines to count, beading, machine embroidery....... Eieeeeeeeeeek!!! Oh yeah! That was some serious restraint!

It is true that I have lots of projects lined up. Materials purchased. Patterns in hand. Ideas in my head trying to get out. Did I really need to add to the chaos? Nope. So what? I can justify it! There are at least 3 things in each magazine that I would like to make. That's my usual rule for buying hobby magazines, unless, there might be something I'm absolutely in love with. Then all bets are off!

What else is a girl to do?

Happy Hobbies!

1 comment:

Biblio Kate said...

I have decided that instead of buying magazines - I would just rotate them around the house. So - I moved what was in the sewing room to upstairs, and what was in the living room to the sewing room and what was in the living room to -
oh gosh - now I am so confused

Well, I am looking at old magazines instead of buying new ones. But NOW - I find myself wanting 2 of those you bought- - oh no.....