Monday, July 30, 2007

Got Zucchini? Round 2!

Here's the next recipe I used to take down my pile of zucchini.

Zucchini and Basil Lasagna

Ingredients
2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
1 cup chopped fresh basil
1 large egg
Cooking spray
4 cups chopped zucchini
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups bottled spicy tomato pasta sauce
9 oven-ready lasagna nooodles
1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Preparation
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine first 3 ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
Heat large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and onions; ssaute 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in sauce; remove from heat.
Spread 1/4 cup zucchini mixture in bottom of a 13 by 9 inch pan coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over zucchini mixture ; top with 1/3 cottage cheese mixture, 1/3 zucchini mixture and 1/3 mozzarella. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until lasagna is thoroughly heated.

I liked this recipe. HobbyHubby and the little people aren't big lasagna eaters so they didn't really like it! Oh well.

Okay! Shouting out to my readers. Anyone have any other zucchini recipes I should try? Four zucchinis to go and hopefully more on the way!

Happy Hobbies!

1 comment:

Mrs. Preschool said...

Sounds really good. I'm going to have to try the zucchini bread too. I love it! My grandma used to make it all the time when we were kids.