Saturday, September 8, 2007

Niagara Falls (& a little hobbying too)

We got up this morning and decided to go to Niagara Falls! YEAH!! Since we are only 2 hours away and always say we are going to go, we went! I think HobbyHubby was about to faint when I said I was game because I'm not the most spontaneous gal when it comes to jumping in the car for a day trip!


Off we went a little before 11! It was a nice ride. A peaceful crossing on the Peace Bridge followed by a jolly little drive on the Niagara Falls Parkway ending at a little parking lot at the top of Clifton Hill in Niagara Falls!

We headed down the hill to the Rain Forest Cafe! Ever been there? It was our first visit and what a treat! We were so overwhelmed at first, but then it became so calming listening to the rain fall and every 22 minutes there was a little thunder storm with lightning. Animated ANIMALS everywhere! (my pictures aren't the greatest-- it was dim!) The environment just rocked and the food was de-lish! YUM!

We headed the rest of the way down the hill to actually see the falls and they were spectacular. The little people seemed to think they were pretty neat but you can imagine how tired of walking they became! We managed by alternating them on our shoulders and hips!

Did you know there is a Butterfly Garden and Bird Aviary in Niagara Falls? Lots of things to do. We have to save it all for another trip or two!


So we took the Rainbow Bridge home to the States and stopped for some yummy ice cream in Tonawanda at Mississippi Mudds!


On the way there and back I did get some knitting done...

I'm working on my first hat! Check out that huge ball of yarn on the left and that's the hat on the right. Using my first set of double pointed needles too.


Last night, I made HobbyHubby and the little people head to the Cultured Purl so HobbyHubby could pick some yarn for the hat he's been requesting forever! The shop was busy, yet I was able to get help with so many questions and get some fun chit-chatting in too! Always a treat to go there. I got the above yarn and a needle felting kit and some wool... Hopefully you'll see that project finished here in a few days! The little people seem to enjoy the visit but started to melt down at the end. YIKES!


Okay, back to the hat... I came home and made a swatch for the thing and then got to work... Seems much bigger than it should be... than the swatch, actually. I couldn't stand to rip it back and start again so I'm finishing it and then I'll try another one... but it might fit... Oh yarn is too fun...

Happy Hobbies!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you have been busy! Hat is looking good.

Amanda Jean said...

Niagara falls looks like a great place to visit. How nice to be able to get some knitting done on the trip. :) good luck with the hat.