Monday, June 9, 2008

Home again!

We're back! Our road trip was wonderful! My little people were great travelers-- an 8 & 1/2 hour trip over to Mass. and we stopped 3 times on the way there Monday and only twice on the way home Friday! They are champs! We spent a great few days with my gal pal E. and her happy little family. Can you believe that I forgot to take photos during the whole trip! Crazy me!!

E. & I spent several evenings on finishing some quilt squares that she started back in 2003. We made some great progress! One afternoon i gave her a little tutorial on turning headpins to make earrings.

On Wednesday morning we took all 5 little people to the New England Aquarium in Boston. Wow! What an amazing experience. My little Miss Finally Four was especially impressed as she loves all things- animal!

On Thursday E. & I had a girls night and hit the theater for Sex & the City. So fun! I didn't faithfully follow the HBO series, but have seen many reruns on cable. I thought the movie was fantastic. Quite entertaining! I feel inspired to get some style!

We returned early Friday afternoon and the little people were surprised to find a new play set installed by HobbyHubby while we were away!

To top off a really great trip away and a great surprise for the little people we had a marvelous weekend too! Saturday we all slept in (a bit) and then went to the yarn shop, the mall, the bookstore, out to lunch and then home again. HobbyHubby fixed a great dinner while the kids played on the new set and I sat out with them and knitted on a new project (I'll fill you in on that tomorrow). Sunday my parents came to visit and HobbyHubby grilled a great meal! Then we planted sunflower seeds around the play set and relaxed the rest of the day (more knitting for me). Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Summer is here and I have quite a list of things (hobby and otherwise) I want to accomplish this year. The little people and I made our rainy day list this evening too! It is going to be a great summer! I'll share it all!

Happy Hobbies!

4 comments:

~Niki~ said...

Thanks for joining my just us quilters blog! Can you please link me to here: http://justusquilters.blogspot.com/
If you need the HTML code I have it in one of my posts on the blog. HUGS!

Amanda Jean said...

sounds like a fabulous trip! and what a fun surprise to have a new playset for the kids when you got home. that is something that my husband would do, too. :)

Val said...

I love this swing set. I want one for my grandchildren. I have really enjoyed your blog.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Niki! I already linked on my side bar and just put a link in today's post!